Stock availability type: B - small quantities in stock
This model is housed in a DIN rail mounting housing and its distinctive feature is the included RS485 (RS232) serial port. There are also 8 inputs for current transformers - for contactless AC current monitoring. Standard current transformers can be used with closed conductor or "clip" type. The controllers are set for the following measurement range: 1000:1 - 65A; 2000:1 - 130A; 3000 - 195A.
You can open a comparison table of different models from here.
Important! The RS-485 hardware is only supported in specially designed firmwares for specific applications. Because RS485/232 communication is highly device-dependent, special software adaptations are required for each case. You will find already developed solutions at the bottom of the page, and if you need something else - contact us.
Input-output channels in NetControl 8CT1RS
- 8 inputs for current transformers for measuring AC current (average value, converted to effective for sinusoidal shape)
- RS485 interface (1pcs)
- Housing made of light gray ABS V0 (self-extinguishing); dimensions 105x65x90mm
Basic functions and network protocols supported
- 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet (Auto MDI/MDIX) with differential overvoltage surge protections
- Supported protocols ARP/DHCP/ICMP/TCP/IP/SNTP/SNMP/TFTP client/WEB server/MQTT/SPC Cloud
- 802.1q VLAN support
- SNMPv1 (ONLY snmpget/snmpset) protocol for access to all parameters and functions
- SNMP traps and MQTT events generation on input change
- Flexible user-defined system of sequences of actions (Macros)
- Start of macros on analog input change (Automation)
- Start of Macros on PING lost to IP addresses (PING monitor)
- Real-time software clock (RTC) with the ability to start Macros at user-defined time
- WEB access to all parameters and functions
- TFTP client for firmware update
- Firmware update in Web interface
- RS-485 <-> TCP / MQTT data transfer
- Monitoring AC current for differnt loads
Firmwares/applications with RS-485 interface
Application 1: Energy measurement at up to 16 points via PZEM 016 modules
The PZEM-016 is connected via a two-wire RS-485 line. The software allows addressing of up to 16 modules. IMPORTANT !!! NetControl expects the modules to have addresses from 1 to 16! The modules must be pre-programmed with the appropriate address (eg via USB-RS485 dongle).
Data from PZEM-016 - power consumption, load power, voltage, current, frequency and power factor, are available via the Web and MQTT.16 PZEM devices are read every about 35 seconds. If the WEB data is updated more frequently, the latest current measurement will be displayed. Addresses where there are no PZEM modules - will not be displayed on the WEB and no MQTT data will be sent for them.
Application 2: Gathering data from ASCI power meters
This firmware allows the reading of data from ASCI electricity meters (equipped with RS-485/Modbus communication interface) and the transfer of the total reading (sum of all tariffs) via MQTT. All possible 127 addresses are scanned.